2/3 head Green Cabbage
1lb Pork, Ground
8oz Water Chestnuts, Sliced
1/2 Yellow Onion
2 TBSP Bragg's Aminos
1 TBSP Beef Base
1/4 tsp Fennel Seed
1/4 tsp Basil
- In a crockpot, add 1 cup of water, bragg's aminos, and beef base. I use a small crockpot with two heat options - low and high. I turn it to high.
- In a large frying pan, place your ground pork, basil, and fennel seed. Start browning it.
- While your meat is cooking, go ahead and dice up your onion. You can add this and the water chestnuts to the crockpot.
- Check your meat, make sure it's broken up into small crumbles. You will want to make sure your pork is fully cooked!
- Chop up your green cabbage and put this in the crockpot.
- Once your pork is crumbled and fully cooked, add it to your crockpot.
- Add more water until you just barely see it.
- Let this cook in the crockpot for 4-6 hours.
I made this with the intention of having something that was like the inside of an egg roll. I just can't have soy and I can't have the wanton wrapper. I was super happy with this recipe.