Its come to my attention, last night to be exact, that I need a new plan. My previous plan was to take and pass the Praxis II exam, try for a job in Arizona, move if I got a job, and within a year maybe get a small house. Apparently I'm not wanted in AZ now. This puts me back to square one with the lingering question of "Where the fuck should I move to"?
Currently I live in Portland, OR. I am a recent transplant from Fairbanks, AK. I wanted to get out of Alaska, so I moved. I am not a big fan of Portland, as I'm finding out, so I want to move again.
What do I want in a new location?
- Hiking, camping, fishing areas
- Jobs in my field - History and Art
- A rockabilly scene
- Close access to an airport
- Museums and cultural stuff
- Winters that aren't hellishly cold
What are parts of my new plan?
(In no particular order)
- I want a job that actually pays me something worthwhile
- I would like to eventually open up a business of my own....Oh so many ideas!
- I want a dog
- I want a house
- I want to finish my tattoo sleeve
- I want a hard body...Slowly getting there.
- I want a project car
- I want a room dedicated to a library
- I want dinner parties, cocktail parties, and murder mystery parties
- I want to be happy
I guess all in all I want to find a place to set some roots. I dont want kids. I dont really bother with dating anymore. Whatever happened to that Norman Rockwell world? Can't I just live there?
If you're up for discussing a rockabilly town, let me know. If you have suggestions for a great rokabilly place for me to look into, let me know.