I just watched the new Evil Dead film last night. I liked it. Here are some spoilers that I liked and disliked.
- I was expecting someone to be Ash, but there wasn't an Ash. Not totally disappointed because no one was trying to be like Bruce Campbell. Only Bruce can be Bruce.
- I liked their reason for being at the cabin - drug intervention - rather than just camping.
- The evil didn't really camp out in the trees like it did in the other films. Sure, the tree rape scene was there, but that's not what I'm talking about. Remember how the trees blocked trails and stuff like that?
- I spotted the car. :)
- This was a creepy film, but it was missing something and I don't know what that is.
- THANK YOU SAM RAIMI for keeping us in the same perspective as the main characters. I hate it when I know that the "thing" is coming around the corner. It ruins the surprise.