|I used lime jello in this.|
Makes 2 cups
1 bag Ocean Spray Cranberries
1 Navel Orange
1 cup Water
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Jello
1. In a pot, mix the water and sugar. Turn the heat to high.
2. Cut the navel into four pieces. Shave off three thumbnail size pieces of orange zest and toss that into your pot. While your sugar water boils, squeeze the juice from the four pieces of orange into the pot.
3. Fish out your orange zest and throw it away, along with the squeezed orange quarters.
4. Pour the entire bag of cranberries into the pot. You will want to let this boil for 7-10 minutes. It will thicken up and you're going to hear cranberries popping open. Stir regularly.
5. When your mixture is thick, you will want to turn off your stove and add in your teaspoon of jello. This can be any flavor or even unflavored gelatin powder. Sprinkle the jello over the cranberry sauce and give it 30 seconds to begin to absorb, then mix it into the sauce. You need the jello/gelatin powder to absorb the juices of the sauce before stirring so it doesn't clump.
6. Its recommended to let it set up in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. This will help thicken the sauce.